[Stardata-common-devel] Astronomy Debian packages

Kevin B. McCarty kmccarty at Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 24 12:57:40 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Francisco García wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I have reviewed your new revision of policy, and I think now it
> is much better than before.
> I agree with it, so it have been replaced. Just one little thing, let
> me put your name in the first place in policy file, because the policy
> text is mostly yours.
> This is probably a minor matter but I think this is the correct way.

If you are fine with that, then OK.

Have you made new source packages available on the web?  If so I can
look over them in the next few days.  I suspect they're just about ready
for upload to Debian.

I noticed your email cut off after the following quote of my previous email:

>>- What would you think about having each star program Provide
>><stardata>-viewer for each star data set it can handle, and having each
>>star data package Suggest <stardata>-viewer?  For instance, starplot
>>would have "Provides: gliese-viewer, yale-viewer", spacechart would have
>>"Provides: gliese-viewer" and gliese would have "Suggests: gliese-viewer"=

Was this intended or did part of your email get lost?

regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty at princeton.edu>   Physics Department