[Stardata-common-devel] Packages of gliese and yale: one last go-over

Francisco García franciscomanuel.garcia at hispalinux.es
Thu Dec 1 23:16:59 UTC 2005

Hi Kevin,

El mié, 30-11-2005 a las 13:18 -0500, Kevin B. McCarty escribió:

> Hi Francisco,
>
> I just looked over your gliese and yale packages one more time.  I took
> the liberty of editing the README.Debian files for grammar/typos, and
> removing the pieces of Javi's part of the README.Debian files which
> seemed no longer relevant (e.g. the comments about Depending upon starplot).

Ok, thank you.

> One other thing is that since the release of debhelper version 5 a few
> weeks ago, DH_COMPAT of 3 is now obsolete.  So I also set DH_COMPAT to
> 5, made the Build-Depends-Indep be for debhelper (>> 5.0.0), and tweaked
> the debian/rules slightly in both packages.  (The tweak was necessary
> because debhelper now installs files into debian/<package>/ instead of
> debian/tmp/.)

I agree with you. Your changes are perfect for me.
I didn't know the release of debhelper version 5. I built these
packages two months ago.

> I have placed the modified source packages at the following URL:
>
> http://borex.princeton.edu/~kmccarty/dists/sid/non-free/source/
>
> Please let me know if you approve of my changes.  If so I will
> immediately upload these two packages into Debian for you.  Otherwise
> tell me what should be revised.

Your changes are Ok for me.
Please, upload these packages.

> Should I add myself to the Uploaders field for these packages in
> addition to stardata-common?

Of course, I am sure that you should do it.
Please, add yourself to the Uploaders field.

Regards,
Francisco.