[Stardata-common-devel] Grumblings about removing Gnome 1 - affects spacechart

Francisco García franciscomanuel.garcia at hispalinux.es
Tue Sep 27 21:54:34 UTC 2005

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your information.

El mar, 27-09-2005 a las 13:08 -0400, Kevin B. McCarty escribió:
> Hi folks,
>
> In case you haven't noticed, there have been some grumblings on
> debian-devel and debian-gtk-gnome about the possibility of removing all
> Gnome 1 packages:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/09/msg01270.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2005/09/msg00078.html

I am reading now.
I will contact with upstream to know if he plans to release a new
version.

> The list of affected packages (at the first URL above) includes
> spacechart.  Is either of you in contact with upstream?  Do you know if
> he plans to release a new version to be built against GTK+/GNOME 2?  I
> haven't done any GNOME programming so I don't know how hard porting
> spacechart to GNOME 2 would be.

If he doesn't plan to do, I will try to do, but I don't know if
it could be possible for two or three months.

> I don't think spacechart should be removed from Debian, as popcon still
> reports 96 installations, and at least someone likes it more than
> starplot:  http://wiki.debian.net/?EduSpacechart

:) Don't worry, we know starplot is a great software.
Maybe he doesn't run starplot-0.95.3. ;)

> regards,

Best Regards,
Francisco.