[Teammetrics-discuss] [andreas at an3as.eu: No Message-ID found]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 18 13:38:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 07:01:29PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Also, we are doing on a rollback on duplicated message ID, right? In
> such a case, if the content of the message is different but the
> message ID is the same, we loose the entry for that message.

Sure, that's intentionally.  There is no point in keeping the message
twice and that's why we need to rollback.  (BTW, without this rollback
statement the database would be locked anyway for any later commit
because the error status needs to be cleared first.)

> I suggest that in case we hit a primary key error (duplicate ID), we
> check whether date and subject of message are different. If yes, then
> we set a new message ID but if they are the same, then we rollback...

I do not think that this is necessary.  I just compared the message in
question (see git log) and found out that it is *really* the same
message - just the subject mentiones a different bug which is probably
a bug merge or something like this.  I also enriched the log message
by the message ID so we might later on parse the logfile and watch out
for those seldom cases if my assuimption is correct.

BTW, comparing the subject in this specific case would have leaded to
the assumption that the messages are in fact different ... but they
are not (see git log).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--