[Teammetrics-discuss] Changes based on last emails (commitstat and NNTP)

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:23:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

    git pull

Your suggestions have been implemented and I have learnt that parsing
things and committing them is much better than aggregating them :)

The latest commit solves many things, so I am just pasting the commit message:

Changes in this commit:

    -   NNTPStat
        For the given lists, we download each list from the NNTP server
        and then create a mbox archive and then immediately parse it as
        compared to the previous approach of downloading the lists and
        then parsing them at the end. So the workflow is:

        for each_list in list:
            download the each_list
            create mbox
            parse mbox
            move on the next list

        Also the mbox archives for NNTPStat are not deleted and can be
        used for local parsing by a script that I will implement later.

    -   The formatting of the mbox created has been improved and is now
        working perfectly.

    -   For Gitstat, we now handle and discard the message in case of a
        duplicate key for repositories as suggested by Andreas.

You also suggested that we should allow local mbox archives to be
easily passed. I also think that it is a must. I will implement that
tomorrow morning, you can try out the other changes mentioned in the
commit message and let me know if anything is missing.

--
Sukhbir