[Teammetrics-discuss] Converter for mboxes (Was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Aug 30 08:05:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 09:50:42AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > This is because I *assumed* you would run this with Python 2.6+. I can
> > fix this to run with 2.5 also (or just add `from __future__ import
> > with_statement`) at the top.
> Why? is 2.6 default on stable now?

At least the assumption of Python 2.6+ was not out of nowhere:

  http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=python

lists 2.6.6-3+squeeze6 as default for stable and several Debian hosts
(including master which is holding the copies of the mboxes and where I
tested) are featuring this version.

> python2.6 is not installed on liszt and I don't
> think we should install it just for this script.

There is no need to upgrade liszt for this specific script but please do
not blame us for not knowing the installation of a host which is even
restricted for DDs.

Sukhbir, could you please fix the script to run with 2.5.  It should not
be that hard.

> > > P.S. next time you package stuff, please add them them into a directory.
> > > extracting into the root isn't that nice.
> >
> > We save the filtered mbox in the directory of the mbox file that was
> > passed to the script. As nothing was specified to us, we took this
> > approach. Let me know your preferences and I will add them.
> Ehm I am talking about the tgz the script was in.

Sorry, my faul.  Is it OK to simply point you to the git repository next
time anyway?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--