[Teammetrics-discuss] Web Parser

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Dec 1 22:24:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 01:22:14AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> >> No, but I was just reading the index files and not the whole pages which
> >> might have kept me by far below such a potential limit.
> >
> > This is not clear... index files?
>
> I get it now when I was going through a list :) Because earlier you
> were saving only the name and now we are having the email address,
> subject, etc., for which the entire message has to be read.

To make sure I was clear enough:  I never tried reading all the mails
regarding content.  I only parsed pages listing all the mails of one
month.  At the time of inventing the code this was enough.  However,
when downloading all the single mails you are downloading at least
10 (possibly 100) times more from the archive.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de