[Teammetrics-discuss] Never ending nntpstat problems

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:52:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

> It is specifically important to know how to proceed after such an error
> occured.  To what state we need to remove data from the obtained cached
> data and the database to make sure no data will be left.

Well, in case of this error now, the article will be skipped and the
code moves on to the next article, attempting to recreate the
connection.

At least this is what the code says. Because we are populating the
database per list, say if it fails for 'debian-X', we can just clear
the records of debian-X from the database and restart the script. The
exact behaviour cannot be simulated in this case (I guess), so we just
have to see when it happens I guess :)

> First concentrate on the method which seems to be "more promising" to you
> according to your experience with both methods.

I am testing the web parser so will report when I have results.

As far as the `nntpstat` is concerned, it should be good to go other
than the EOFError (fixed now); I did test it twice with the 52 lists
and it went well.