[Teammetrics-discuss] Phase I: Statistics for mailing lists on Alioth

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue May 31 12:46:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:25:49PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> >  - I tried with
> > $ cat ~/.teammetrics/listinfo
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/
> > blends-commit
> > cdd-commits
> > teammetrics-discuss
>
> Woah! If you notice the URL:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/cdd-commits/. The February
> 2009 mbox is in plain text instead of gzip and this is what caused the
> problem. I can add an exception but this is a weird and an exceptional
> case itself!

Sure.  Exceptions just happen - that's why you need to catch them. :-)

> Otherwise it works. You can try it with some other lists, just for
> confirmation.

Did I told you that at my faculty they educated the habit to call
programms with the only single parameter which does not work?  You
will have a lot of fun with me testing your code. :-))

> > Yes, thanks.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to implement them soon and then
> we will proceed.

OK.

> > PS: I hope list admins will be able to fix the subscription issue.
>
> Don't worry, I will ping you every time I send an email until this is fixed :-)

The list-request address has probably worked - I just get the list mail
now.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--