[Teammetrics-discuss] MemoryError in commitstat

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Sep 14 11:53:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 05:15:14PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > But finally your are just running a job on alioth (or rather vasks). I
> > fail to see why it increases complexity if you just run a job which
> > stores its results into a file and fetch the file afterwards.  This
> > should couse no additional trouble (from my naive point of view).
>
> Yup, but we are just fetching the statistics. I need to see what
> causes this MemoryError to be able to then properly fix it.
>
> For running the job on Alioth, we would have to talk to the Alioth
> admins, get their permissions (which they are not happy to give
> because I am not a DD and that's understandable) and plus that opens
> another channel of communication that delays our work.

Huh???? You are just logging into Alioth and just doing <something>
there, right?  Why not simply calling a script <somethingelse> for
instance situated in

    /srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/blends/bin

or so?  I completely fail to see the difference in sshing to vasks and
doing some job with svn in comaprison to sshing to vasks an calling a
bash or python script.  There is no need for other permissions than you
do just have, right?

I do not want to distract you from profiling but for my naive sense your
reasoning is not plausible.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--