[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit stats has some issues

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 16:46:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

Andreas Tille writes:
> No.  What I mean is:  We agreed upon the thing that in Git repositories
> we only regard changes done in the debian/ dir.  This *only* affects Git
> because in the case of SVN we do store debian/ dir exclusively anyway.
> Due to the hint of David Bremner in our DebConf 11 BoF you managed to
> implement this for commitstats.  However, as I noticed now in
> commitlines also people are showing up who only and exclusively
> contribute upstream code in prominent places.  For instance rank 2 is
> Andreas_H and 3 is Sébastien_B in Debian Med but they should not be
> ranked that high regarding their commitment to the *packaging*.  So my
> suspicion is that commitlines remains regarding any random commit.

Because the way the code is structured, commitlines does take into
account the `debian/' dir, because commitlines is called just after
commitstat for Git, so the problem is not there as far as I am aware and
what I found when I had debugged this (long time back).

But I will try to debug this again, based on what you have just said.

> Well, we should not show wrong graphs - so commitlines should not be
> part of the live version (except you consider it worth fixing.)

Yes, that's right. So if I do fix it, we can show this or else we can
just do away with it.

--
Sukhbir