[Teammetrics-discuss] Issues with commitlines

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:37:32 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

I just checked out the commitlines problem. I think we now know why Andreas
Hildebrandt and Sébastien Boisvert are ranking high in the commitlines.

On checking the Git repositories manually, it seems like both of the authors
have lots of lines committed, with even something like a thousand lines in a
single commit. But, it's true that these lines are not from the `debian/' dir.
Our code currently is:

    if no_debian_branch:
        get the logs using the `-- debian' switch suggested by David Bremner
    else:
        still get the logs

So even if there is no `debian/' branch for a particular author (Hildebrandt)
in this case, we still fetch the logs and thus, still calculate the lines
inserted/ deleted.

So now the question is, if there is no `debian' branch, should we then not add
the number of lines to the author. Right?

Other than that, commitlines looks ... fine.

PS: Sorry for the late reply, but university just ended and so I have time to
fix this during the holidays (though it is not much work).

--
Sukhbir