[Teammetrics-discuss] Please update updatenames.py

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:15:01 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

> I did not verified whether it is now possible to call updatenames.py
> from shell to fix some names without running any other code as I asked
> for in
>
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/teammetrics-discuss/2011-November/000622.html

Yes, it's possible :) I fixed it at that time only and have used it
extensively also.

> missed) I needed to do some more name replacements.  I'm simply attaching
> the SQL statements I issued to fix the old database which will probably
> not harm on the new database as well.

Ok.

> In the end I decided to use 'ILIKE' in any case and we need to accept
> more than one ILIKE statement connected by OR.  I think I previousely
> suggested to always use (I)LIKE and not "author =" because if we leave
> out any '%' character in the expression it is defacto a "=" and you can

Yes, we discussed this and it was pending a 'fix'.

> simplify the code.  It also might make sense to move the replacement
> strings into a separate file which is just read by updatenames.py and
> this finally would be a configuration file and thus belongs to
> /etc/teammetrics.

Good idea! I also don't somehow like editing the source file to
include the names.

> So if I try to stick to the attached examples an input file say
>
>   /etc/teammetrics/changed_names.conf

Ok.

> could look like:
>
> 'Joost van Baal':               'Joost van Baal%', 'joostvb'
> 'Michael Hanke':                'mhanke-guest', 'mih'
> UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Joost van Baal'         WHERE name ILIKE 'Joost van Baal%' OR name ILIKE 'joostvb' ;

Ok.

> IMHO there is no need to call updatenames.py in the middle of any
> archive gathering run but just at the end of each script which gathers
> data.

Yup, that is what we are doing -- we run it at the end only.

--
Sukhbir