[Teammetrics-discuss] Django Website Deployment

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jun 21 13:37:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 06:50:02PM +0530, Vipin Nair wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>

> > (BTW, there is no need to CC me - please try to find out whether your
> >  MUA knows "List reply" ... it is 'L' in mutt)
>
> Sorry for the trouble!

Its no real trouble - I tried to give a kind hint which is usually given
on Debian mailing lists.  I could deal with this but I wanted to make
you prepared in case you might dive deeper into Debian and its mailing
list so I was somehow doing my job as mentor.

> I am using the Gmail web interface

Nothing against the web interface but you will face its constraints once
you might become more active on different mailing lists.  I'd recommend
procmail and mutt (or some more shiny MUA of your choice).

> As a temporary fix, I am manually editing the 'to' field each time
> reply.

Be assured that it does not really hurd me ...

> This is a pain and I'll definitely try mutt once. :)

That will probably a decision you will not regret. :-)

> > I'd prefer if you would decide about a reasonable location and commit a
> > ready to copy configuration file stright into Git.  IMHO it is a good
> > idea to have all the configuration inside Git.
>
> Yeah, nice idea. We could keep the project files in /etc/teammetrics/ itself.
>
> Apache configuration is done[2]. I am working from college where the
> SSH port is blocked, that is the reason I have pushed it to github.
> I'll update the code in Alioth once I am back.

Fine.

> >I'd suggest you move it
> > to /etc/teammetrics/apache.conf.  I then could link it on the server to
> > /etc/apache2/conf.d/teammetrics.conf (where it probably belongs rather
> > then 000-default).
>
> Yeah! My bad. The conf file can be moved to
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/ and then we can enable the site by the
> following command:
>
> $ a2ensite teammetrics.conf
>
> This creates a link to the file in sites-available/ to sites-enabled/
>
> Once done, we need to reload the Apache configuration with the command:
>
> $ service apache2 reload

Yes, something like this.  But it is not your bad ... it is your time
to learn.  :-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--