[Teammetrics-discuss] GSoC 2012 : Improving Debian Team Activity Metrics

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:14:05 UTC 2012

Hi Nikhil,

> I have gone though the existing discussion on the mailing list about this
> project, and I am interested in it as well. I have a good amount of web dev
> experience using python + django. So, I am confident about taking up pylons
> quite fast.

Thanks for your interest in the Team Metrics project.

> You have the scripts to collect the data about the team metrics. Could you
> provide a sample of the data, or the script to generate it so that I could
> start working on the idea, and come up with an initial demo?

Because this has been asked before, here is a sample output I described:

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/teammetrics-discuss/2012-March/000800.html

We give everyone the same example above, so this should be good enough
for you. Also, let me say this again, you *do not* need to worry about
how the data is gathered -- that is our (existing maintainers)
responsibility. You should only be concerned with the the web
interface layer of the project, which is independent from the data
gathering layer.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask them here.

--
Sukhbir