[Utnubu-discuss] timer-applet in our svn, gcc-4.0

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Aug 10 10:30:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

Daniel Holbach told me that he would like to see timer-applet in Debian,
but does not have the time. So this would be the first package for the
Utnubu team :-)

I importet the utnubu package of timer-applet in our svn, using
svn-inject.

In addition to branches/upstream, I created branches/ubuntu, to contain
all the ubuntu version, so we can easily extract our own changes and
apply them to later ubuntu versions:

svn copy svn
+ssh://nomeata@svn.debian.org/svn/utnubu/packages/timer-applet/trunk svn
+ssh://nomeata@svn.debian.org/svn/utnubu/packages/timer-applet/branches/ubuntu/1.0-0ubuntu1 -m Marking Ubuntu Version in Branch

Because cdbs, which this package is using, creates files during the
clean target, one hast to build it with --svn-ignore-new, when building
it with svn-buildpackage:

svn-buildpackage --svn-builder debuild -uc -us --svn-ignore-new

The build actually fails, probably because of gcc-4.0:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
timer-applet.c: In function ‘save_timer_presets’:
timer-applet.c:333: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘xmlNewDoc’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:334: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘xmlNewDocNode’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:336: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:336: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:357: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘xmlNewChild’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:362: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:362: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:363: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:363: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘xmlNewProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c: In function ‘load_timer_presets’:
timer-applet.c:431: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘xmlGetProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:431: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:436: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘xmlGetProp’ differ in signedness
timer-applet.c:436: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
make[3]: *** [timer-applet.o] Fehler 1

Is ubuntu not using gcc-4.0? What is the least intrusive way of fixing
this? (I guess I need a ubuntu changeroot, but currently I don't have
the space for that. Is there one available somewhere?)

Greetings,

Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner