[Utnubu-discuss] Re: Ubuntu/Debian cooperation [was: Complaint about #debian operator]

Joey Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Fri Dec 16 06:11:21 UTC 2005

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2005, 15:39 +0100 schrieb Sven Luther:
> > The process was to be manually though, the idea is to scan incoming mails to
> > the BTS, which would notice an URL to an ubuntu patch, and auto-attach it (and
> > complain loudly to the submitter if the URL is bogus :). Sounds like a nice
> > idea in need of someone implementing it.
>
> I don't think there is much gain - an attached patch is not much better
> than a link, and might annoy people with limited bandwidth.

I have to disagree.  A patch in the Debian BTS is a fix state.  It will
be there even when the remote site goes down, drops off the net, is
reorganised, the file renamed or moved, or whatever.  You'd have the
benefit of "everything at one place" and only need to download the BTS
mbox in order to work on this particular bug.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds