[Utnubu-discuss] a "get notebooks working right" work meeting in spain"

micah micah at riseup.net
Wed Dec 28 15:06:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Joachim Breitner clickity clacked:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't heard of any reply to this mail, so I'll say what I think on
> my (and a bit Utnubu's) behalf.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as if anyone has replied to your
email either.

> I think this is a great idea and would give Debian a worthwhile push
> forward. Not only power management, but also stuff like bluetooth
> (gnome-bluetooth is still missing in Debian) and better integrated
> ifupdown/ifplugd/wpa_supplicant/guessnet is really needed, and if
> possible, in time for etch.

I agree, it is something that Debian is not known for, but could with
a little effort and organization.

> So I really hope someone steps up to organize such an event. Personally,
> I think I lack the necessary overview of this field. OTOH, if there will
> be such an event and there are task I feel up to, I'm happy to join.
>
> It would be really a pitty to miss that chance.

I agree and it seems like there is nobody on the utnubu list or the
powermgmt-devel list who seems up to the task. I wonder if this is
because people are too busy, only have a passing committment to this
particular issue, or maybe don't feel as if they are in a leadership
position to organize such an event? Or perhaps this issue should have
a wider net cast, maybe it should be sent to debian-devel, or even a
larger plea sent to debian-devel-announce?

If I wasn't too busy, I would do this myself -- how can a free trip to
Spain be passed up in exchange for improving Debian's powermanagement
support?

Micah