OT - Re: [Utnubu-discuss] porting pyalsaaudio from Utnubu

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:11:10 UTC 2005

On 11/19/05, Floris Bruynooghe <fb102 at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> As I understood it the Ubuntu maintainer was employed to work on
> Ubuntu (and I was assuming -maybe wrongly- by Canonical).  So I
> thought they where only working on main, not universe.  I realise now
> that I maybe was assuming too much.

Right. This thread is mainly about packages in universe. Most of the
work in universe is done by a team of volunteers, which are not paid
by canonical at all.

>  But I
> can't help to regret it (and hence think some of the Debian-Ubuntu
> relation is not ideal).

It could be better, right. But it could also be way worse. It really
depends on the DD you talk to, and this can be exhausting sometimes :/

--
regards,
    Reinhard