OT - Re: [Utnubu-discuss] porting pyalsaaudio from Utnubu

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Nov 19 14:17:12 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 03:00:48PM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Now back to the original problem: Packages in universe which are not
> (yet) in debian: In order to get a NEW package in ubuntu, we require
> approval from 2 different MOTUs (it used to be 3). To facilitate that,
> Stefan Potyra and me have written http://revu.tauware.de/, a place
> where people can upload random stuff and get that reviewed by us. On
> the first glance, it might look like a replacement to
> mentors.debian.net, but it has a bit different intention: on REVU, we
> can look and comment at the packages directly, to shorten the
> communication overhead between contributors and reviewers.
>
> There doesn't exist anything like that in debian. In debian, you need
> to find 1 sponsor, which reviews the package and eventually uploads it
> to debian. For me 2 packages in debian, I found 2 sponsors sponsoring
> my uploads. Thanks for that! It wasn't that hard, I don't want to
> complain at all, but from my POV, it took significant more
> communication overhead to get it done.

If you feel there is communication overhead in the way sponsoring is
usually handled in Debian, why don't you use REVU for that as well?

Or, to rephrase the question in a more general way: Do you think REVU
would be useful for Debian as well, and if so, would you be interested
in integrating it?

cheers,

Michael