OT - Re: [Utnubu-discuss] porting pyalsaaudio from Utnubu

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Nov 19 15:56:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 00:31 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 01:59:04PM +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > To sum up...we, the MOTUs, are needing your help to push more of our
> > patches/packages back to Debian. And I really appreaciate your Utnubu
> > work.
>
> Well, may I ask a simple question: why are you not a Debian developer?
> Why do you prefer to contribute to Ubuntu directly?

Honestly, I like Debian as a datacenter Linux, but to be involved in
Debian as Maintainer or DD I have serious problems with the way how
Debians governance is functioning. And I have a problem with all the
rants and flames on d-d.
But this applies to Gentoo as well (I was involved somehow in the
development as well, but at a certain time, the Gentoo developers and
the governance structure pushed me away from applying to become a
Gentoo-dev).
Both distributions are mainly focussed not on the user, but on the
developers itself...which is IMHO totally wrong and it should be
changed.
That's why I'm not involved in Debian. It doesn't mean that I don't
appreaciate the work you are doing, but sometimes work is not all.

Regards,

\sh