OT - Re: [Utnubu-discuss] porting pyalsaaudio from Utnubu

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:31:55 UTC 2005

On 11/20/05, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 11:41:58PM +0100, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > There exists http://sponsors.debian.net/ which has some of these
> > features.
>
> Which seems less polished as REVU and is the new kid on the block,
> AFAIK. REVU is around longer, I believe, but I have not looked at both
> too closely to be able to really judge.

Please let me summarize the 3 possibly competing projects:

 * mentors.debian.net is like a public upload target, where
contributors can show their packages to the public (in the hope to
find a sponsor)
 * REVU is also a pulic upload target, but with the intention to do as
many automatic checks as possible, including building the package.
Reviewers and Contributors can directly comment on the work
 * sponsors.debian.net is about finding sponsors, who will review and
eventually upload a package

To my knowledge, the projects went online in that order. Please
correct me if I missed an important point.

(and hey, are we still ontopic on utnubu-discuss, or should we move
this thread to debian-mentors?)

--
regards,
    Reinhard