[Utnubu-discuss] acpi-support in Debian?

Manfred Paul manne.paul at web.de
Wed Nov 30 17:32:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

some time ago, i mentioned that it would be nice, if the acpi support
from ubuntu would be integrated into debian.

I`m using Debian Sid an ported acpi-support to it. But there are some
additional things to do.

1. It requires laptop-mode.
This package is not available in debian. Only a package called
laptop-mode-tools is available for Debian.
The mail difference are additional acpi scripts in the debian package.
That means, that there are conficts between acpi-support and
laptop-mode-tools. I think, that we have to so some more changes, to get it
into debian.

2. The package uses xscreensaver:
If you use gnome or another desktop (not kde) everything may work, if
xscreenaver is installed and active. That means that the scripts should also
include the kde screensaver, if kde is running.

It used the hoary package, because the breezy one included much more acpi
functionality, especially for HOTKEYS. And my t23 did not need this ;-)

But I think we should lock at the new one, and check if laptop-mode can also
move to debian. (laptop-mode is for the hd performance)

AFAIK the new Sid kernel supports all features (on x86) (suspend, sleep)

mfg

manne