[Utnubu-discuss] idea for testing if ubuntu packages are buildable in unstable

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Sep 6 13:47:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2005, 12:47 +0200 schrieb Filippo Giunchedi:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:54:34AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sounds like a nice tool. How will the output be presented?
>
> I was thinking about an html index page with every package from
> missing-packages, something like:
>
> source | missing-deps-in-unstable? | missing-deps-in-unstable+experimental?
>    binary1 | missing-deps-in-unstable? | missing-deps-in-unstable+experimental?
>    binaryN | missing-deps-in-unstable? | missing-deps-in-unstable+experimental?
>
> every "missing-deps-in" expands to missing (build-)depends in target
> distribution, obviously if a source misses from build-dep it is vain to list
> also binary packages since they will be FTBFS

If you are building a HTML page anyway, why not put all information for
any package in missing-packages in there, e.g. links to
packages.ubuntu.com, changelogs, ITP-Bugs...

> is it possible to have also missing-sources a-la missing packages?

Would not be hard, I guess. The script is pretty small, just adapt it.

> side note: it is not clear from the website whether missing-packages is against
> breezy or hoary

True, it's not clear to me, too. Looking at the script... its breezy
view-source:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/utnubu/report-scripts/get-package-lists.sh?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Greetings,

Joachim
--