[Utnubu-discuss] First package - Version handling?

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Tue Sep 6 16:11:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2005, 17:37 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> I'd like to finally get the first utnubu team package in Debian.
> timer-applet is a good candidate, as it is a zero-hassle package :-)

Thanks for that.

> Ubuntu package, that are not debian, get a
<upstream-version>-0ubuntu0,
> -0ubuntu1, -0ubuntu2 etc. version. What should we do when we adopt a
> package to Debian?

That's not quite accurate - -0ubuntu1 is the first revision, but never
mind.

> a)
> Pro: Looks nice
> Con: Hides original origin

I think we all can live with the "Con" and the changes because of the
maintainer field are respected. If a version from Debian get "synced"
back to Ubuntu again we know it went through Debian first.

I'm all for a).

Have a nice day,
 Daniel