Fwd: [Utnubu-discuss] First package - Version handling?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Sep 6 18:29:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2005, 20:18 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
> On 9/6/05, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> wrote:
> > Will we (well, Ubuntu) run into problems when there are -1 packages in
> > Debian which should not replace the -0ubuntu1 package in Ubuntu?
>
> No, not at all. Our archive auto-syncs prohibits package syncs from
> debian, if and only if the ubuntu version has a substring "ubuntu".
> When a package -1 enters debian, we (ubuntus) can choose whether we
> want to (manually requst a) sync from debian, or leave it as is.

So if there suddenly is a -1 package in Debian wheres a -0ubuntu1
package is already in Ubuntu, the -0ubunu1 package is not automatically
overwritten, but manual activiation is needed? So in this case you would
notice that the package is in fact from Ubuntu and disable the sync?

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner