[Utnubu-discuss] First package - Version handling?

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Thu Sep 8 07:36:17 UTC 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 08:57 , Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> We assume that the first version number of a package entering debian
> is higher than 0ubuntuX, with X beeing 1 or a higher number. I've
> never seen -0 uploads to debian so far.

`-1' is reserved for the first maintainer revision of a certain
upstream version. This means if someone is uploading a NMU with a new
upstream version to Debian (s)he has to use `-0.1'. These rules
assure that the first maintainer revision is at any time strictly
greater than previous non-maintainer uploads.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern