[Utnubu-discuss] MOTUTools and merging efforts

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Sun Jan 1 23:53:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

Background: I am not a DD (stuck in NM currently), I am part of the
pkg-ruby-extras debian team (collaborative maintenance of some
ruby-related packages), I am an Ubuntu member but not a developer, and I
am a member of MOTURuby, the MOTU team which deals with ruby-related
packages.

A few weeks ago, I started to write a set of scripts allowing to
manipulate packages lists to allow for an easier overview of what is
going on inside Debian and Ubuntu. The web page with all the info is on
[0], while an example of what is doable with the scripts is on [1].

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUTools (bzr repos address included)
[1] http://ox.blop.info/bazaar/rubyversionslist.html

(The "MOTUTools" name is not definitive. I think I'll change it to
MultiDistroTools, or something cooler. Ideas welcomed)

I'd like to merge our efforts. What do you think ?
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |