[Utnubu-discuss] utnubu.org domain

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Thu Jan 12 17:03:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

indeed, Canonical has a lot of variations registered, as I noticed when
I wrote my parody about "xubuntu" (see the German heisse news[1]).

But now that you said it, I checked the registration date: I announced
the utnubu idea Juli 16th, 20:55 +0300 on debian-project[1].
And, according to whois, utnubu.org was registered at 16-Jul-2005
22:09:37 UTC, by James Troup. Interesting...

I just assume that Canonical did that to give us the domain as soon as
we need it, and they just reserved it for us since we don't have money.
Very nice. (But why didn't the tell anyone? Well, I just assume they
forgot, no need to wake sleeping dogs.

Thanks for the hint, Andreas,
Joachim

[1] http://joachim-breitner.de/heisse-news/news_20.xml