[Utnubu-discuss] Ubuntu patches

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Jan 14 13:38:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 14 January 2006 13:15, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read your blog posting about ubuntu patches. Would you think it would
> be useful if you could get notifications my mail about new or changes
> ubuntu patches? Maybe the Utnubu team could provide that somehow...

good to see, that the patches are displayed in the qa section of debian.

This particular patch is there since breezy, because then there was the fix of
Ante (aka ivoks). Well and seeing the date, when this patch was applied and
uploaded to ubuntu, it was a couple of days before breezy release, so I can
imagine why this patch wasn't filed to debian.

But anyways, when there are methods of showing the package maintainer, that
there are patches available, why don't they use it?

My question, is it a problem of "not wanting to start a webbrowser and see
what's on this informational page", or is it better to serve everything on a
silver platter...which is impossible for us in some ways (Regarding time and
manpower)

Btw, thx for your work, Utnubu team, we all appreciate your affords.

\sh