[Utnubu-discuss] Ubuntu patches

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Jan 14 14:06:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 14 January 2006 15:01, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 14.01.2006, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Stephan Hermann:
> > But anyways, when there are methods of showing the package maintainer,
> > that there are patches available, why don't they use it?
> >
> > My question, is it a problem of "not wanting to start a webbrowser and
> > see what's on this informational page", or is it better to serve
> > everything on a silver platter...which is impossible for us in some ways
> > (Regarding time and manpower)
>
> Well, I almost never check the qa packages and only rely on e-mail (and
> I really like how in Debian you can do anything with e-mail)...
> But everyone has his own style of working, I guess.

It wasn't meant to be as offense, but I see some debian packages and their bug
report and the maintainer didn't react in a countable period of time (e.g.
boson-base). So I'm asking, I like the email approach as well, but sometimes
you have to check somewhere else via web, so I take my time and do this.

Well, if it's possible to have email notification from your side to the
package maintainer, why not implementing it :)

Regards,
\sh