[Utnubu-discuss] What about an announce list ? and a wiki ?

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:58:05 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Raphael Hertzog <raphael at ouaza.com> wrote:

> > > Let it be utnubu-discuss if you prefer, but it's just odd to redirect
> > > discussion on a list where the message wasn't initially posted.
> >
> > Why not cross-post between utnubu-dicuss and utnubu-announce ?
>
> Utnubu-discuss is the people who know the content of the announce since
> they are doing it ... and the point of debian-devel is to reach a wider
> audience of course (and show the people who are against Ubuntu the great
> stuff that we are doing with them).

I think in the mid-term you're right but after all that, it's time to
organize things in utnubu side and keep the talks with the guys
interested in Debian-Ubuntu cooperation in ubuntu side first. I'm not
sure that other Debian-Ubuntu thread in -devel, even if we announce
something huge, will produce good feedback at this moment.

Well, there's that outdated spec that ajmitch started, i asked him to
update that. I think they can vote in a MOTU meeting or even better,
in a Technical Board. It will speed up some things there and the
documentation will be more clear, since it will be based in a common
decision.

Btw, I'm planning to join the MOTU team too. I hope to be part of a
DCT (Debian Collaboration Team) as Lucas named; reduce the
uninstallable packages in universe; and more...

--
Gustavo Franco