[Utnubu-discuss] Collaboration between Ubuntu and Debian on the Ubuntu side: a proposal

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:16:59 UTC 2006

CC: ubuntu-motu, because this touches current practice in universe packages.

On 1/24/06, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> > Understood, although there was no attempt to contact me in this case. I
> > would certainly have considered the request.
>
> Again, I *personally* think that it would be better if MOTUs filed bugs
> in the BTS in such cases. But it is not the current policy inside MOTU.

This is confusing (not to say not correct as written here). Currently,
there is not any written or (semi) official 'policy' document for MOTU
work at all. (or at least non that I'm aware of. I know LaserLock is
working on one, but this particular point is TMBK not touched).
Current practice is that indeed bugs are filed in the debian bts, but
every MOTU who touches a package decides on an individual basis if
this bug is worth submitting to debugs.

Recent discussion shows that some decisions where way to conservative
and resulted in the decision to NOT file a bug in debian. I think it
would help a lot if someone (prefereably someone the debian side to
get this right) would help writing up some recommendations (preferably
on a wiki page) on what to consider when deciding to submit or to not
submit a bug in debbugs.

--
regards,
    Reinhard