[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu automatic notifications by section/subsection

Eddy Petrişor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:36:11 UTC 2006

On 24/07/06, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> > I am part of the Debian Games Team and I was wondering if it would be
> > possible to get automated notification when a game package is added to
> > the Ubuntu repository or when one version of teh Ubuntu package
> > superceeds the one of the game package in Debian.
>
> Hi,
>
> This kind of things is quite easy to do using MultiDistroTools[0] (it
> would be great if I could find a co-developer for it too), especially if
> you have a grep-dctrl expression which matches all your 'interesting'
> packages.
>
> If you provide me with one, I can add it to my daily run of
> multidistrotools, so the data will show up on
> http://tiber.tauware.de/~lucas/versions/
I looked at grep-dctrl man page but it wasn't obvious to me which are
the commands. AFAICT, this should be ok:

-FSection -r '[Gg]ames'

> > In a more generic way the questions are:
> > - can automated mails be generated (subscribtion needed) when ubuntu
> >   packages superceede debian packages (or are there and not here)
>
> Sending mail smells a bit like 20th century ;) What about an RSS feed ?
I personally don't like RSS feeds as they tend to not fit my regular
work pattern and impose internet connectivity to get the checking
done, but others might like them. I personally would prefer email, as
I tend to keep todo lists as  emails.

> It would be quite easy to change multidistrotools so that it generates
> one, and you feed reader would notify you when one of the package status
> changes.
>
> Also, I've recently filed a bug against DDPO, so the ubuntu version
> number of the packages are displayed (bug #379063).

> [0] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiDistroTools

I don't see any example web stats or something simillar...

--
Regards,
EddyP