[Utnubu-discuss] [hertzog@debian.org: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf]

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jun 28 12:12:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Amaya wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > * Ubuntu should invest in a relationship with those Debian Developers who
> >   are happy working with it, rather than spend time worrying about those
> >   Debian developers who are vocal against it.
>
> It would be nice if you rephrased that as "addressing the concerns of
> those Debian developers who are vocal against it".

The paragraph above basically meant: don't try to work with people who do
not want to work with you. Debian is diverse enough to have both type of
people. Don't get burnt by those who do not want and do make efforts with
people who are interested.

> If we have concerns about Canonical/ubuntu, it is not for the fun of it.

Well, too late to rephrase anything. But my idea is to have Utnubu collect
concerns of various Debian developers, try to make proposals and then
forward those proposals to the Ubuntu community council and to their
technical board.

> > 9. It would be great if Ubuntu could advertise a bit more its Debian
> > correlation by putting Debian logos in CD covers, background images,
> > installer splashscreen, etc. Some kind of "Trademark policy" needs to be
> > worked out with Ubuntu.
>
> I don't see a reason it has to be Ubuntu-specific. ANy Debian
> Derivative/Fork should be able to.

Yes, see my answer to myself on -project. This is basically a "you can
already do it, the open use logo is there for that".

> Thanks for the effort you are puting into this. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog