[Utnubu-discuss] dmraid initramfs integration patch

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 04:16:45 UTC 2006

I had created this a while ago and posted it to utnubu-discuss but it
seems nothing came of it.  I have noticed that a new version of the
dmraid package has since been uploaded by Filippo Giunchedi that has
some minor changes to generate a second binary udeb package.

Attached is the debdiff that I made earlier with the intent of it being
-3.  Please review and let me know what you think.  The gist of the
changes are this:

1) Added the -udeb binary target, now superseded by the current -3

2) Yanked the dmraid.init file to remove dmraid being called from system
init scripts

3) Added dmraid.postinst to install mkinitramfs scripts to cause dmraid
to be built into the initramfs and run from there.  This allows booting
from a dmraid.

4) Switched back to using the standard libc instead of klibc, since the
standard libc shared lib is in the initramfs anyhow.

I've built this on ubuntu so I'm not sure it will work as well with
debian's mkinitramfs.  Also I've been trying to figure out how to
integrate with d-i but that is quite a struggle for me.  Maybe someone
can give me some pointers.  Comments?  Flames?

Please CC me on all replies.