[Utnubu-discuss] update-manager and meta-release

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Wed Feb 21 15:00:19 CET 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to enable support for detection of new releases, with the
intention that this can make it into etch (so that it'll be useful with
lenny).  This corresponds to the -c option in update-manager.

UpdateManager/MetaRelease.py refers to:

     METARELEASE_URI = "http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release"

unconditionaly.  Do we need to provide something similar ?  I'm not sure
if the generator code for this is publicly available (it isn't in ubuntu's
version of the "dak" package, although the actual dak in use might have been
modified).

In any case, perhaps it would be better to provide the support in
update-manager even before the our "changelogs.debian.org" comes into
operation, since that would probably make us miss the etch release, and
we have plenty of time to get the archive part before lenny is out.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot at aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.