[Utnubu-discuss] Re: update-manager and meta-release

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Sun Feb 25 22:51:17 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 06:42:48PM +0100, Michael Vogt wrote:
> > I'm trying to enable support for detection of new releases, with the
> > intention that this can make it into etch (so that it'll be useful with
> > lenny).  This corresponds to the -c option in update-manager.
> >
> > UpdateManager/MetaRelease.py refers to:
> >
> >      METARELEASE_URI = "http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release"
>
> This should probably become a configuration option somehow. Or if you
> tell me the url used in debian I could change it so that it
> dynamically swiches based on the used distro (figured out via
> lsb_release).

Unfortunately we don't know yet.  Perhaps
http://ftp.debian.org/meta-release{,-development} would be a good
one ?

FTP masters, are you ok with having this in Debian?  And if so, is the
proposed URL ok for you ?

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot at aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.