[Utnubu-discuss] ubuntu - debian cooperation

Steffen Joeris white at debian.org
Sat Jan 13 13:27:26 CET 2007

Hi mates

Yesterday I had a short talk with Raphael about the utnubu project and he was
so kind to add me to the developer list. I personally do not use ubuntu or
develop for it in any direct way, but I do like to see that they are
cooperating and that the ubuntu mates get the help from debian they need in
order to be able to get their stuff back. I try to add my two bits to this
cooperation stuff by offering help with packaging as far as I can and maybe
sponsoring.

I browsed a bit through the ubuntu wiki and saw that the MOTUs always get
pointed to the debian-mentors@ list and maybe it would be better to point
them to this list here, where they can find their sponsor and maybe some help
with their packaging or other questions about the differences between ubuntu
and debian (though I have to admit that I do not know a lot about ubuntu
internals). So should that be changed in the ubuntu wiki and are the MOTUs
informed or shall there be an announcement on some ubuntu lists about that?
Am I completely wrong and they should stick to debian-mentos@ or what do the
others think? Are there other problems MOTUs have regarding the cooperation?

Thanks for some feedback and have a nice day.

Cheers
Steffen