[Utnubu-maintainers] Re: [Utnubu-discuss] ACPI Stuff

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:55:31 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> wrote:
> thank you for the suggestion. I just had a quick glance at the package,
> it seems indeed a worthwhile addition to debian.
>
> Is anyone interested in caring about this? This involves:
>       * Contact Thom May <thom at ubuntu.com>, maybe he would do the Debian
>         package
>       * If not (kind'a likely)
>               * get the source
>               * build it for debian (probably no modication needed)
>               * see if everything behaves as it should, especially stuff
>                 like getXuser(), user interaction
>               * remove stuff that needs features we don't have (suspend2
>                 comes to my might, but don't know exactly)
>               * get all that in the utnubu svn repository
>               * upload or ask for a upload on this mailing list

I'm quite unconvinced that this package can be adopted without changes
into debian. Ubuntu btw doesn't use suspend2 at all, but software
suspend from the kernel sources.

This package will be obsoleted anyway for the next ubuntu relase (IIRC
and AFAIK) in favor of some configuration facility which integrated
more nicely with graphical desktop environments (gnome-power comes to
mind). Perhaps ogra can comment on this.

As said, I'm not sure if this package can or should be uploaded to
debian. The conffiles inside the packages are indeed a useful and
great addition to /usr/share/doc/acpid/examples!

--
regards,
    Reinhard