[Utnubu-maintainers] DMRaid Raid Set Limitataion?

Tom Taylor tootall at neo.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 13:51:38 UTC 2007

Bear with me, I am a relative newbie to LInux.  I purchased an Intel BadAxe2 motherboard with what I have determined has fakeraid or bios raid related to the sata drives.  I have spent the last month working on figuring out how to configure everything using the stable etch distribution.  I have been able to achieve limited success but believe I have found a limitation.  Initially I created 4 raid sets in bios.  I called them raid1vol0, raid0vol1, raid1vol2, and raid0vol3.  I did this for dual booting vista and debian related to vista, page file, debian, and swap file.  I then used fdisk to partion everything.  At this point dmraid picks up the 4 raid sets correctly but only picks up partitions related to the first two raid sets.  I have tried many different configuration scenarios but always seem to see this limitation.  I am just trying to figure out if this is an actual limitation or if I am missing something.  If I need to post somewhere else please let me know.  As I said I am new and am trying to get a handle on this open source universe.  Thanks