[Vlosuts-devel] Parsha and Newsletter - Nov 15 2008 - JDL Canada

Jewish Defence League - Newsletter maillist at jdlcanada.ca
Sat Nov 15 03:53:29 UTC 2008

This weeks Parsha is called Noach.   "And Noach did all that HASHEM had commanded him, and Noach was six hundred years old and the flood waters were upon the earth. And Noach came and his sons and his wife and the wives of his sons with him into the Ark because of the waters of the flood. "(Breishis 7:5-7)
"Because of the waters of the flood: Even Noach was from the small believers. He both believed and didn't believe that the flood would come, and therefore he didn't enter the Ark until the waters forced him". (Rashi)

Anti Jewish/Israel groups are getting larger and more agressive in Toronto and every Country.  They target the students.  York University  is hosting a major anti Jewish State International Conference in June.  The vision of the conference is as follows;  The purpose of this conference is to explore whether a two-state solution or a single constitutional democracy in Israel/Palestine offers the most promising path to future peace and security in the region.  The fact is that hatred for Jews and Israel are promoted on campus now.  This conference will only serve to increase negative passions against Jews and Israel.  York University has caved into this climate of Hate and Racism.

Many of the invited speakers do not accept the basic right of the Jewish People to a Jewish State in The Land of Israel and they openly call for a boycott of the State of Israel.  The Jewish Defence League is calling for a boycott of this conference.  There must be no Jewish/Zionist  Participation in this conference.  Our program is as follows:

1)  We will hold monthy pickets at York University to alert students and faculty members about the dangers of this conference.

2)  We ask our readership to contact the President of York University and the Dean of Osgoode Law School.  A polite phone call or email that conveys your concerns should be done asap.

3)  Contact all Jewish groups and Rabbis and demand that they speak out.

4)  We also ask our readership to contact in a very polite way, all donors to York University and Queens University.  The major donors list for York University is; See a full list of leadership donors to the York to the Power of 50 Campaign.  And the donor list for Queens University is below:

Donor List
Download list (PDF 4 MB)
One of the more active anti Israel groups in Toronto is involved in taking action against Universities that have shown an interest in Israel.  This is from their web site:

Action Alert: Demand your university president cut ties with Israeli Apartheid!

Students Against Israeli Apartheid (SAIA) deeply condemns the recent visits of nine Ontario and Quebec university presidents to Israel to forge ties with Israeli academic institutions over the summer of 2008. These presidents included: David Naylor from the University of Toronto (pictured here at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, standing to the left); David Johnston from the University of Waterloo; Sheldon Levy from Ryerson University; Luc Vinet from the Universite de Montreal; Peter MacKinnon from the University of Saskatchewan; Alan Rock from the University of Ottawa; William Barker from the University of King's College; Stephen Toope from the University of British Columbia and Heather Monroe-Blum from McGill University. The academic institutions these presidents visited are complicit with Israeli apartheid (more info).

It is vital to get involved with JDL now.  On Thursday November 30 at 12:00 noon the JDL did protest at York University.  The protest lasted 1.5 hours.  Our message was received and our campaign has just started.  We have a lot of work to do.

In this parsha we are taught that Noach  believed  and did not believe.  We must see the writing on the wall.  And it is ugly and thick of hatred for Jews/Israel.  So join the JDL and take action now!  Go to our web site www.jdlcanada.ca  or call us at 416-736-7000   and get active or make a financial contribution.  Help make the voice of the JDL stronger.  Don't delay, take positive action now

Help us help the Jewish People.  The information for donations is on our website  www.jdlcanada.ca

With Love of Israel,

Meir Weinstein  National Director Jewish Defence League of Canada

Your Donations will help us to continue our work. Please give generously.

This newsletter cannot be considered as spam as it contains clear removal instructions. If you no longer wish to receive our mailings along with the parsha of the week please reply to this message and put the word [Remove} without the brackets in the subject line.