[Vmdebootstrap-devel] Why is --no-extlinux no longer working?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Dec 14 21:17:47 UTC 2014

Hi.

I discovered this when trying to use the git version of vmdebootstrap
to create a FreedomBox image for Raspberry Pi.  The build fail like
this:

Building raspberry FreedomBox for armel.
starting vmdebootstrap
Usage: vmdebootstrap [options]

vmdebootstrap: error: no such option: --no-extlinux
make: *** [raspberry] Error 2

This used to work, and just to make sure it wasn't our patches that
broke it, I tried again without any patches:

% ./vmdebootstrap --no-extlinux
Usage: vmdebootstrap [options]

vmdebootstrap: error: no such option: --no-extlinux
%

Was this option removed?  It is the only way to get rid of the default
boot loader setup to allow us to do our own, so we depend on it to
work. :(

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen