[Vmdebootstrap-devel] --grub required, --extlinux not working?

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Sat Dec 27 10:15:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 20:28:36 +0200
Lars Wirzenius <liw at liw.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 07:39:28PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > I'll try --extlinux --mbr and see if that works for me.
>
> That worked, but only after I actually installed the mbr package.
> Without the package, --mbr was a no-op, but should've resulted in an
> error message.

Error message added and mbr set as automatically enabled if extlinux is
enabled. I'll add mbr to the dependency list in debian/control for the
next upload - unless jessie is released first, in which case I'll move
grub to default and extlinux & mbr to Recommends. (Need to make a
number of manpage additions before I can upload.)

We may need to drop the mbr option and just fold it into extlinux as it
looks like there is no other use for mbr and extlinux (now) fails
without it.

--

Neil Williams