[Webapps-common-discuss] Re: duplicated php option

Gregory Colpart reg at evolix.fr
Sat Feb 17 16:52:16 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:31:50PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> moodle/apache.conf:     php_flag magic_quotes_gpc On
> php5/apache2/php.ini:magic_quotes_gpc = On
> php5/cli/php.ini:magic_quotes_gpc = On
> php5/cgi/php.ini:magic_quotes_gpc = On
> phpmyadmin/htaccess:        php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
> (there are similar settings with php4)
>
> and I wondered magic_quotes_gpc was On or Off on my system.
> In fact which setting is effective?

For Apache usage, the order is :

1. .htaccess
2. Apache conf
3. apache2/php.ini

> More fundamentally, is there any smarter way to set these
> php options in Debian packages?

IMO the best usage is to set PHP options in Apache conf (in
yourapp.conf with a symlink to /etc/apache2/conf.d/yourapp.conf)
or write configuration example in README.Debian and let the admin
decides what he wants (VirtualHost, apache2/conf.d/ or php.ini).

I Cc: Webapps-common-discuss lists which could be interested by
this discussion.

Regards,
--
Gregory Colpart <reg at evolix.fr>  GnuPG:1024D/C1027A0E