[Webapps-common-discuss] using triggers for reloading apache?

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Wed May 14 19:07:14 UTC 2008

hey thijs,

On Saturday 10 May 2008 12:03:38 pm Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Currently, when installing or upgrading a bunch of packages on a web
> server, apache gets reloaded several times. Would it be an idea to be using
> dpkg triggers to make sure if you've done a number of things that require
> apache reload, this gets done once as the last step?

i've been thinking the same thing.  likewise for php extensions etc.

> I'm not intimately known with dpkg triggers, I was just wondering in
> general whether it would be a good idea to pursue further. Perhaps,
> including such a thing in webapps-common would be even better.

it sure would.  unfortunately webapps-common seems a bit dead in the water
atm, due to lack of time/interest.  i know stephen showed some interest in
moving it forward, but maybe the tangle of shell scripting scared him away :)

	sean