[Webmail-devel] setting up beammail

Thomas Viehmann tv at beamnet.de
Sat Dec 6 12:58:35 UTC 2008

Hi Andi,

thanks for trying out beamMail!

Andreas Barth wrote:
> I tried to setup beammail according to the instructions in the svn.
> However, there is no modules/webmailConfig.py, but in server/. Is that a
> template? Should I create modules? Why (and when) should I want to
> recompile pyjamas? How can I change the path from /var/spool/webmail/ to
> some other place more appropriate for my environment? Is there an
> apache-config-snippet I can use?
Ah, sorry.
So in order:
- modules has moved to server,
- you want to recompile the pyjamas part if you change something there,
  to update the static dir,
- unfortunately, the path is hardcoded at the moment (in three places
  in webmail-server.py)[*],
- here is my apache config (all it does is do HTTPS and forward to
  HTTP), in principle you can run SSL directly too, but I just have it
  on a virtual host, so I didn't implement this yet[*].

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName mail.example.com:443
ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
DocumentRoot "/dev/null"
<Proxy *>
  Allow from all
</Proxy>
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/https.beamnet.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/https.beamnet.key
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Mind you, I have just pushed a couple of fixes from my local tree.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask here or catch me
on IRC.

Kind regards

T.

*. If you need this, I'll fix this quickly, too, or take your patch. :)
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/