[Webmin-maintainers] Webmin Update to 1.240 Compatibility Issues with Debian Package Webmin

David Magoon wdmagoon at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 14:38:06 UTC 2005

Hello, first of all thank you for your work on putting together the
debian package for webmin. I have used it in the past many times and I
really appreciate your work. Thanks!

As I'm sure you are aware, on October 18 Webmin was updated to 1.240.

Yesterday I put together a fresh debian installation that included
webmin installed via apt from the testing and I found the following results.

Now that webmin has been updated, the online source for modules and
updates seems only to contain updated 1.240 files and nothing for 1.230
installations upon which the debian package is based. Basically I cannot
install standard modules from the web - the error message I get is
something to the effect of "you must have version 1.240 installed in
order to install this module."

I cannot update webmin either - the error message I get is "this
operation requires proc which is not installed." and when I go to
standard modules page to install proc, I get the "you must have version
1.240 to install this." So it is a catch-22. :)

I hope this information is helpful to you. Again I appreciate your work
on this project.
Thanks
David