[Webmin-maintainers] Debian package for Webmin

Patrick Winnertz rap86 at gmx.de
Tue Apr 4 13:16:41 UTC 2006

HORNUNG Daniel schrieb:
> Hi Mr Cameron,
>

> I'm very glad you interest yourself about debian Webmin packages!
>

> I'm system engineer, leading a small team by a French software editor.
> We use Webmin and we have projects for developing specific modules.
>

> At this year's begin, I saw Webmin dropped from testing distribution.
> The reason is that the official maintainer didn't find a successor to
> continue integration Webmin into debian distribution. We use actually a
> Webmin administered debian testing server and recently I had so big
> problems that I must to build a new server with stable distribution.
>

> A month ago, I was agreed by Patrick Winnertz
> <https://alioth.debian.org/users/pwinnertz-guest/> to become Webmin
> package developer but I'm still not in the team list.
>

> From my point of view, I think this team seems to wait for leader's
> activity.
Sorry, I tried it but i lost your username (please write me a email with
your usermane :S )
atm (since march) I have very important exams (these exams will last
until 28th of april) but i want to package webmin until mid of may.

Please have a look at the svn repository... there is the source.

> By reading messages, many people offer help but I don't see many activity.

Sorry, we are a small team of debianedu developers and normally we talk
to each other via IRC or jabber :S

> I hope that your message will weak up everyone.
>

> Daniel Hornung, responsable systèmes - Poste 944
>
> SFMI Informatique http://www.sigma.fr
>
> 12 rue de la Faisanderie, BP 142, 67833 Tanneries Cedex
>
> tel : 03 88 10 29 30 - fax : 03 88 10 29 31

in fact it is already dropped...
i hope to upload it at the beginning of may.

> If that is the case, I'd be happy to take over maintenance of the package.

This package will be mantendance by the debianedu developers ;-)
become one ;-)

mfg
Patrick