[Yaird-devel] Re: approaching 0.0.12, finalising evms

Erik van Konijnenburg ekonijn at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 8 20:34:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 04:05:15PM +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Alle 01:18, giovedì 8 dicembre 2005, Erik van Konijnenburg ha scritto:
>
> > Marco, you mentioned an odd error for evms in the bazaar version.
> > Do you mean yaird as build from the bazaar tree will generate
> > an image and that image does not boot, or do you mean no image
> > is generated?
>
> I'm sorry , I realized I was unclear. The image boots my system, but "yaird
> -t" shows an error (the one I mentioned last mail) that I didn't found yet
> why.

Thanks, I can reproduce it now: after building lvm logical volumes,
you can turn them into an EVMS volume, and get a name like /dev/evms/ev0,
or you can turn it into a compatibility volume, with a name like /dev/evms/lvm2/vg0/lv1.

I'll add support for this today.

Regards,
Erik

BTW: are you on yaird-devel, so that I can drop the separate address?